On this page
1. What data do we collect
Information Collected Via Automated Technologies and Interactions:
When you use the Services, we may automatically collect information via automatic means about your computer or device, your preference settings, your location, and your activities, including:
- IP address of your computer;
- Unique mobile device identifiers;
- Technical information about your computer or mobile device such as type of device, mobile device ID number, screen resolution, web browser information, and operating system or platform;
- Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.);
- Internet provider or mobile carrier name;
- The URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting the Website;
- Information about your activity on the Services (e.g., your search queries, mis-formatted DNS entries, search results selected, clicks, pages viewed, search history, comments, forms filled out and submitted, how often you use the Services);
- Information we generate as a result of your use of the Services (e.g. our understanding of your interests as a result of your use of the Services and whether you are a regular or occasional user of the Services);
- and If you are using a mobile device, your mobile device’s geographic location (specific geographic location if you’ve enabled collection of that information, or general geographic location automatically). Please see the section “Mobile Device Location Information” below for further information.
Third-parties who provide us with products and services may also place cookies, ad tags and/or beacons that collect the information outlined above in order to provide us with products and services including:
- Analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) allowing us to analyze the performance of our Services.
- Service features and functionalities such as those that enable videos to be played and you to connect to your social media accounts. We also use content delivery network provider Cloudflare to ensure site integrity.
- Advertisers and ad networks allowing the delivery of targeted advertisements, such as Google Adwords.
- Marketing providers such as Mailchimp to collect, store, and send out emails to our subscribers.
- In order to receive payments we partner with PayPro Global, our authorized reseller. Neither us nor PayPro Global have access to your payment data. PayPro Global holds the PCI DSS certification, which is the highest payment-industry standard for processing payment information. All transactions conducted via PayPro Global’s checkout pages are encrypted and completely secure.
These third parties may also collect information about you from other sources and combine it with other information collected about you from third party websites not affiliated with us. For example, advertiser and advertising networks, as well as data analytics companies who service them, may participate in online behavioral advertising and track your activity across various sites and/or devices where they display ads and record your activities, so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you.
Do Not Track: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third-parties. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services.
2. How do we collect your data?
Most of the personal data we collect is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You register for a boycewire account on our website
- You update your account settings or preferences
- You purchase any of our products or services
- You attend one of our events
- You reply to one of our competitions or surveys
- You sign up for marketing communications
- You contact our customer support team
- We also receive personal data indirectly, in the following scenarios:
Your personal data may sometimes be provided on your behalf, either by a colleague, family member or someone who knows you well. For example, when you ask a colleague or parent to book your place on one of our events.
The controller has integrated the component Google Analytics on this website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analysis is the gathering, collection and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. Among other things, a web analysis service collects data on which website a data subject has come to a website from (so-called referrers), which subpages of the website were accessed or how often and for which period of time a subpage was viewed. A web analysis is mainly used to optimize a website and for the cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
As IP anonymization is activated on our website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within Member States of the European Union or other states in agreement with the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by a Google server in the USA. On behalf of the operator of the website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and to provide further services related to website and internet use to us. The IP address transferred through your browser to Google Analytics will not be combined with other data held by Google.
In addition, this website uses the Analytics feature UserID to track interaction data. This User ID will be additionally anonymized and encrypted and will not be linked with other data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible.
In addition, you may prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
In addition, a cookie already set by Google Analytics can be deleted at any time via the Internet browser or other software programs.
Further information and Google‘s applicable privacy regulations can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en and https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/ The following link provides a further explanation of Google Analytics https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/.
Our website also uses Google Analytics performance reports relating to demographics and interests and reports on Google Display Network impressions. You can disable Google Analytics for display advertising and customize the ads on the Google Display Network by visiting the ad settings at this link: https://adssettings.google.com.
3. How will we use your data?
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
1) Consent from you . For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time. In the case of marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or through your email preferences when signed into your boycewire account.
2) Our legitimate interests . Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, improve our services and communications, and operate our website efficiently and securely, for the benefit of customers and website users. For example, we will rely on our legitimate interest when we analyse what content has been viewed on our website, so that we can understand how it is used. It is also in our legitimate interest to carry out marketing analysis to determine what products and services may be relevant to the interests of our customers.
3) Performance of a contract with you, or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you. For example, where you have purchased a product from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process and fulfil your order. Compliance with law. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
4) Compliance with the law . In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
4. How do we store your data?
Our company does not directly collect or store your data, but is collected and stored by third parties.
Google Analytics is only used to improve how our Services works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here. You can find out more about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Services by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here.
Mailchimp – The Mailchimp servers and offices are located in the United States, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, Mailchimp takes many steps to protect your privacy, including offering our Members a Data Processing Agreement available here.
Data transfers from Switzerland, United Kingdom, or the EEA to the United States Mailchimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Mailchimp is committed to subjecting all Personal Information received from EEA member countries, United Kingdom, and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to each Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website available here.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
6. What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
7. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with our Services;
- understand the total number of visitors to our sites on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer), operating systems (e.g. Windows or MacOS), and screen resolutions used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of our Services and to continually improve them;
- customize and enhance your online experience; and
- enable Boycewire and third-party advertising both on and off this website.
We also use a third party, Google Analytics to gather general information about how people use our website for the purposes of website optimization and analytics.
9. What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Performance/Analytics – We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how the website is accessed, used, or is performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the website. For example, these cookies allow us to:
1. Better understand our website visitors so that we can improve how we present our content;
2. Test different design ideas for particular pages, such as our homepage;
3. Collect information about site visitors such as where they are located and what browsers they are using;
4. Determine the number of unique users of the website;
5. Improve the website by measuring any errors that occur; and
6. Conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
|Party||Service||Information||Why we use||How to manage||Cookies collected|
|Google AdSense||Advertising||https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7549925?hl=en-GB||To enable free services and ensure targeted advertisements that are useful for the end-user||https://adssettings.google.co.uk/authenticated||ID (1.5 years) / DSID (1.5 years) / IDE (1.5 years) / test_cookie|
|Google Analytics||Analytics||https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en||We use Analytics to improve user experience and improve our services.||https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout||_ga (2 years) / _gat (10 minutes) / _git (session)|
|Mailchimp||Marketing||https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/||We use Mailchimp to send our email newsletters. This cookie is used for our embedded sign up form||https://mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/||_AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT _abck _ak_bmsc _bm_sz|
|Cloudflare||Functionality||https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170156-What-does-the-Cloudflare-cfduid-cookie-do-||We use Cloudflare to improve the performance of our website by maximizing network resources, manage traffic, and protect our Customers’ sites from malicious traffic.||https://www.cloudflare.com/cookie-policy/||_cflb / _cf_bm / _cfduid|
10. How to manage your cookies
- Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
- If you only want to limit third party advertising cookies, you can turn such cookies off by using self-regulatory programs such as Your Online Choices, Network Advertising Initiative, or Digital Advertising Alliance.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept HTTP cookies. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. For more information about HTTP cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
11. Privacy policies of other websites
13. How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]